Sunday, March 25, 2012

While the Iron is Hot...

So I ironed tonight - we all know how rare that is, right?  And as I was ironing, I noticed reddish spots appearing on some of my clothes.  Slightly irritating on my newly-crisped white shirt...

Eventually, I discovered that it was rust coming off the starch can, which made me wonder how long it's been since I bought a can of starch. My first thought was that it very well could have been in the time BC - before children. Then I laughed, thinking that it couldn't be possible that I've ironed so little that I haven't needed to buy starch in 7 years.

Did you know they put the dates on the bottom of starch cans?

Yeah. Me neither.

The rust laden can? Date: April 2005. Just three months after B was born. Which means it was probably purchased well before he was born.

Holy shit. It's been over 7 years since I bought a can of starch.

On the plus side, tonight I feel like I have a whole new wardrobe to wear this week - score! And I think I finished off the rusty can - guess it's time to buy a new can of starch. If I follow this trend, B will have a learners permit to drive by the time I buy another can of starch...

No comments: