Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Ahhh, The Tennis

I played doubles last night with my regular Tuesday group. There are 5 or so of us who rotate through on Tuesday nights for doubles, and it's really worked out well. We are all competitive, but not overly concerned with winning, and the conversation topics are pretty amusing sometimes. We've covered everything from bad line calls, farts (or 'poots') during massages and chiropractic visits, and one memorable evening there was even a cameltoe discussion. Yeah. Good stuff.

One of the conversations we had a few weeks ago was about how you can tell Siri, voice of the new iPhone, to 'call' you something.  E.g., "Siri, call me A."  And she will do it.  I haven't tried this out, but I've seen it in the commercial - "Siri, call me Rock God."  "Ok, you are Rock God."

Now, last night, one of the players on the other side of the net missed an easy shot, and in a moment of frustration called herself a dumbass. Wait, I think I've said this before, but it's not just 'dumbass.'  No, it's her trademark "yeewwww dummmaaaahhhhhssss."  She has a great southern accent, so this is pretty damn funny in and of itself.

However. My doubles partner then pipes up and says to this particular lady, "Hey B. I want you to know that Siri's been calling me 'Dumbass' for the last few days in honor of you." So her phone now calls her "dumbass."  Totally priceless. I think it took us all about 10 minutes to recover from the laughing fit.  Seriously - the tennis is never just about the exercise. Occasionally it's about being a dumbass too. 


No comments: