Thursday, April 12, 2012

Still Alive...

Yup yup yup, still alive.

I haven't been spending much time on the computer at night - we're at the baseball/softball fields at least 3 nights a week right now, which doesn't leave a lot of 'free' time.  Not that there was any to begin with.

Job = going well.
Exercising = meh.  I have a half marathon I'm gonna run this weekend in Fayetteville, and after that, I think I'll hang up the long runs for the summer.

It's been such insanity here, it's been hard to think of anything to write about that is more than "what I did today."

Although ... I did take off work last Friday, and J and the kids and I went over to Hot Springs for the day.  We actually felt the hot water coming from the springs - it was pretty damn hot!  I didn't realize it was 130F.  We also ate at McClard's BBQ (spectacular), and hit the horse races for the afternoon.

I honestly expected the kiddos to last through 1, maybe 2 races before they were ready to go. Instead, they were ready to stay longer, but we had a commitment back in Little Rock and had to leave early.  B was probably a little TOO intrigued at the fact that he could bet and *make* money on horse races.  He kept begging us to make bets for him, although I don't know that he actually understood the concept of LOSING that money if the horse didn't win.  I'm sure he'll figure that one out eventually.

At any rate, it was a really relaxing Friday for all of us, and we all needed it.  The last few weeks at work had been in-freaking-sane, so a bit of downtime was greatly needed.

At any rate, I'll see if I can't back to this a bit more here and there.  If I can think of anything interesting to talk about besides work, exercise, wash, rinse, repeat...

No comments: