Monday, April 30, 2012

Crazy Weekend

We got a TON of stuff done this weekend.  It was awesome and exhausting. I played tennis Friday night, we cleaned out the garage on Saturday, and spent Sunday working in the yard.  Oh, and I ran 6 miles on Sunday.  By last night, I was DONE.

But on the plus side, we got the waterfall in the backyard pond working again - hooray!  So last night, I fired up the citronella torches, and sat outside for about 4 hours listening to the waterfall, playing words with friends, reading, and talking with J.  God bless the ipad...I love being able to read outside at night.  Something else that I love?  I apparently have a mosquito repellent gene.  Or I just taste bad - one of the two.  I was in shorts the entire time last night, and didn't get a single bite.  J, of course, got munched on his knuckles - he was totally covered in long pants and long sleeves, so that was about the only available real estate for 'em. Sorry babe, maybe they just like Asian food better? 

Anyway, other than that, things are about normal around here.  The kids are out of school in the next few weeks, which is just scary.  And totally awesome.  I'm so looking forward to not making them do any homework for awhile...NOW I understand why parents look forward to summer, too!

1 comment:

Arkansas Women Bloggers said...

Hey there! I'm just stopping by to invite you over to the NEW Arkansas Women Bloggers website. You were linked up on our old site, but we've moved, and we're having tons of fun sharing blog posts with one another. Please come join us!

http://arkansaswomenbloggers.com