Wednesday, May 16, 2012

By the Numbers

Yesterday we had a health screening at my office.  It has been many years (pre-kiddos) since I've done a fasting cholesterol test, and considering the amount of butter, cheese, cream, and chocolate I eat, I figured it wouldn't be a bad idea to see if I needed to cut back or at least aware of any issues. 

Although they had to stick me twice (apparently the machine didn't like my first blood sample), all the numbers turned out great.  Except blood pressure - the reading I got for that was the highest I've ever seen it.  Of course, the fact that I had a mediation in less than an hour and the screening folks were running late probably didn't help that measurement - I WAS stressed.  Running late/making people wait on me will stress me out more than almost anything.

But it's very nice to know that the exercise and (mostly) decent eating I'm doing is paying off.  That's one of those things that has been hanging over my head for a few years now to get done, so it's good to scratch that off my list.  I'm also quite happy that I can continue to enjoy my butter-with-a-little-popcorn snacks every now and then.  I mean, the hours spent running, tennising, etc., have to be good for something, right? 

No comments: