Saturday, May 19, 2012

Testing

Testing out the blogger app this morning, so please to ignore any funkiness that might show up with this post.

Busy weekend as ever around here, trip to Jonesboro for our nephew's birthday party, and maybe some chicken fried steak or other fantastic dinner that leave us all hurting 'cause we're so full. This is never a bad thing.

I managed to get a tennis match in last night against one of the better singles players on my team last year. We slugged it out for well over an hour, and I have to say, I feel more relaxed today than I have in awhile! I need to remember that running helps, but there really is no substitute for hitting the shit out of something.

I read an article yesterday about physical pain and how athletes may not have any different sensitivities to pain, but have better coping mechanisms and are therefore not as likely to be affected by it. As I was hauling ass around the court last night, that article came to mind and I wonder if it's not true. It's a mental game, after all, getting through temporary pain. You put it to the back of your brain, you focus on the task at hand, you ignore what needs to be ignored. Someone I am just getting to know recently told me that he could tell I was a "strong" person. I think it comes back to how you handle pain - you know you can get through tough stuff, painful stuff, and you just ... Do it. There's no other explanation, really.

Anyway, off to get ready for the day, embark on whatever the calendar says is next. My fingers are crossed that the app is working and this posts correctly. We shall see...

No comments: