Monday, May 21, 2012

Eatin' Well on the Weekend

If I ate like this every weekend, my ass would be in danger of some serious expansion.  We spent Saturday in Jonesboro for my nephew's birthday and were able to talk my relatives into making us some chicken fried steak before we left town.  That stuff rocks. 

Last night, we made pizzas and had some friends over for dinner.  The last few batches of pizzas I've made have not been all that great, but I think I've figured it out - I just can't shortcut on the sauce.  So no more canned pizza sauce, period.  It probably didn't hurt that I had fresh rosemary, oregano, and basil to throw into everything.  Fresh herbs just make things so much better.  But pile on top of that the homemade ice cream that our friends brought over, and I feel like I need to go for a 10 mile run just to get back to normal today. 

So this week, Alyssa graduates from kindergarten.  And the kids get out of school.  And we have three softball games (last ones for her) and one baseball game (next to last one for B).  And ask me if I've got the kiddos' summer care lined up yet...um... yeah.  That's on my list for this week.  Nothing like the last minute, right?

No comments: