Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Belonging

I've written about feeling like I just don't really "fit in" in some situations. These situations usually involve moms that are much more involved than I am - the ones that coordinate class room parties and events, always volunteer for field trips, that sort of thing. That's just not in my makeup, unfortunately.

Today, I went to lunch with the main partner with whom I'll be working. She is, according to everyone I've spoken with, a wonderful attorney and terrific to work with. Cue: big BIG sigh of relief. And it was particularly gratifying to hear her talk about how much she felt that she did not fit in with groups like he ones I talked about above. Throw in the fact that she doesn't do drama?

I think we're going to get along just fine.

No comments: