Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Deep Rambling Thoughts...

Or not.

The title is slightly misleading. There are completely rambling thoughts below. They are almost certainly not deep. You've been warned.

Wow. Busy week. This job thing is crazy busy. This is quite honestly fine - I'm enjoying it a great deal, I'm interacting with adults on a regular basis, and I feel like I've gotten caught up to speed very quickly. It's nice to feel useful from the very start.

It does take a lot of energy. There are plenty of nights where getting through kiddo homework, dinner prep for the next night, and whatever chores need to be done that night all feel insurmountable. The only thing I want is my glass of wine (or bourbon or scotch or whiskey or whatever - I'm equal opportunity here) and a warm bed. Damn you, electric blanket! You are killing my productivity!

What's that? Exercise? I know not of what you speak.

So, we'll probably be back to some of the "balance" type posts here. Trying to figure out how to achieve it all - which of course is impossible. But these are the times when I think 'balance' means something a little closer to cycles and pendulums, not than an actual balance.

When I started writing here a year or so ago, I had a ton of thoughts rolling around my head that I wanted to explore. And I did that, to some degree. I enjoyed writing a lot of those posts, and it helped shake some cobwebs out of my brain. These days, I'm not quite so introspective. I feel like I've spent a good part of the last year or so being introspective, and I guess maybe it's time to get out of that mode? Or maybe I just don't have the luxury of a bit of extra time to ponder those things right now.

So yeah. Not so much with the deep thoughts and introspection, but plenty with the mundane and boring. Heh. Isn't that like life, though? Speaking of cycles and all...sometimes life is just like that. Mundane, boring, monotonous, predictable. And then things change, and you're left wondering what the new 'normal' will be. I love that part of life, though - the tweaks, the turns, the curves. Change is good.

No comments: