Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Recap

Really, what a fantastic birthday weekend. Nothing too crazy Thursday night, which was fine. It was a school night, after all. But I have to say, J did FANTASTIC on the gift department. The kiddos got me Uno Attack, and J got me an electric throw. Seriously, I have been unable to stay warm this winter (see also: reluctance to be anywhere but under my electric blanket at night). Now, I don't have to go to bed at 8:30 when the kids go - I can just take the blanket with me wherever I go. Yumminess.

Friday night, we had dinner out with the fam, including my parents. J surprised me with a cake from our favorite cake maker, and it was - of course - delicious. We then proceeded to enjoy a night out with some friends. I drank too much whiskey and played some horrendous dart games. Note to self: you have to PRACTICE to hit that which you aim for, all whiskey aside.

Saturday, after recovery from Friday night, we trekked up to Jonesboro to have the world's best chicken fried steak and gravy, along with homemade mocha chocolate cheesecake that was incredible. Sunday, it probably wasn't a coincidence that I ran over 9 miles...

And the 9 miles on Sunday? Those were amazing. It was a beautiful day, perfect weather, and I remembered how much I enjoy doing longer runs. I zoned out to some Amos Lee - much more mellow than most of my running music - and just enjoyed the run and the day. I felt inspired enough to still consider running the full marathon in a month or so. It's possible...probably not very smart, but I'm leaning towards giving it a go. Guess we'll find out.

No comments: