Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Reading

A few weeks ago, I took the kiddos
To the library. Alyssa picked out a Junie B book, and Benjamin picked out a couple of Froggie books. As I was cleaning Alyssa's room this weekend, I found the Junie B book and started asking her about it. Lo and behold, she had read the book!

So last night while she and I were hanging out, I downloaded Ramona The Brave, hoping I might snag her interest. I convinced her to read a few pages and I read a few pages, and before long, we finished the first chapter.

She said she was enjoying it, which totally thrills me. As she was going to bed, she made a comparison that she was Ramona and Benjamin was Beezus (mainly due to the fact that he is older). But, she added, SHE was going to be the one with her nose in a book, like Beezus. My fingers are crossed that that will be the case, baby girl. I'd be thrilled to have a fellow bookworm in the house.

No comments: