Sunday, July 29, 2012

Today's Adventure: Biking

Well, not too much of an adventure, but a great workout. J and I and a friend of ours hit the river trail around 8:30 this morning (no thanks to the belly aching by yours truly, who really did not want to get out of bed).

We started at the Arkansas Queen, a boat along the Arkansas River shore in North Little Rock. From there, we road down to the Big Dam Bridge, over that monster, and then on out to Two Rivers park. We paused briefly for a break, then turned around and came back. Overall, 23 miles at just under 15mph. Fantastic ride, but I'm not sure how much good I'm gonna be for the rest of the day. All I want to do is eat popcorn, drink a coke, and watch the Olympics. Since when do my kids need school clothes anyway!

On a funny note, somewhere around mile 10, I started craving biscuits and gravy. No clue why, but after 23 miles, I didn't feel too badly about the below treat!

No comments: