Sunday, March 13, 2011

Craziness

So, the last few days have been a bit crazy. In the past 3 days, I've played four tennis matches, with a 50/50 record. One of the matches I was ok with losing; she's better than I am, and has played at a higher level than I have for the last several years. The second match I lost, though, is irritating because I lost to someone I could have beaten. Granted, that would probably be on a day where I'm fully rested and don't feel like my legs are going to fall off, but still...

But, regardless of my wins and/or losses, my team won our tournament. What this means is that we have an automatic entry into the state tournament at the end of the season. If we win that tournament, we move on to a higher level of competition, which we were fortunate enough to do last season. It would be nice to repeat this year, but for the moment? I'm just happy to not be playing.

So I'm gonna take a few days off from exercising this week. I've earned it. In retrospect, running a half marathon the weekend before I played four tennis matches in a row might not have been the best idea...oh well. Live and learn. And remember that I'm not 18 anymore. Sigh.

On the kiddo front, this little gem happened last night. We were in the car coming back from dinner, and Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville was playing on XM. The song was at the point where he sings "I blew out my flip flop, stepped on a pop top..."

From the backseat, Benjamin pipes up: "Pop tarts? I love pop tarts!!"

My stomach hurt from laughing so hard. It was a good way to end the night.

No comments: