Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Ireland, Cont'd.

What else shall I tell you about this trip that won't bore the hell out of you?

- Totally enjoying the accents.
- Dublin is nice but not beautiful.
- The Long Room at Trinity Church in Dublin made the trip completely worthwhile.
- Things are on a much smaller scale here.
- There are some definite luxuries here that we don't have. I plan on posting more in depth about that later.
- Ham for breakfast every day rocks.
- Shephard's pie in Ireland rocks.
- Whiskey in Ireland rocks.
- A hired driver is completely worth every penny, and then some.
- Irish history still seems incredibly convoluted to me, but it's getting slightly less murky as the days go by.
- They eat very well here. Food is rarely processed and quite delicious.
- People are much less impatient here. It's refreshing.
- Cost of living is much higher.
- Traffic circles work when you know how to use them. (Our driver does. I do not.)
- Jet lag sucks. Yes, this is not exclusive to Ireland, but it does.
- Husbands that are ok with you traveling for 10 days with your mom, leaving them to handle kiddos and all other stuff (including cat poop on the rug) are awesome.
- Gyms with treadmills are good things. See above, ham for breakfast every day.

That's all I can think about right now. Well, there is more, but I want to throw some pics up here when I actually write what we are doing. Hehe, so I guess that means that might never happen? Guess we'll find out when I get back.

No comments: