Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Turnabout

At this point in my life, you would think I would know better than to laugh at messing up someone's kitchen. 'Cause through a VERY FUN set of circumstances, I was mopping my sister-in-law's kitchen at an obscenely early hour this morning.

Let's start last night, shall we? G (my sister-in-law) and I stayed up reading and futzing around until midnight or so. I went to bed around 12:30, aware that I probably hadn't had enough water but too tired to get anything to drink.

At 3:00, I woke up as G got out of bed and went to the bathroom (we are sharing a bedroom here in Dallas). And she stayed there for what felt like a long time. My head was pounding, but I still couldn't bring myself to get up. She came back to bed after a while, then I got up to drink some water and take some meds for the headache. When I came back to bed, G told me that she was definitely not feeling well.

About 10 minutes after that, B comes in the room and tells me his stomach hurts. So I take him to the bathroom, and we hang out there for a while. He drinks some water, says he feels better, and goes back to bed.

10 minutes after THAT, my nephew A comes in and says his stomach hurts, too. Then promptly races his stomach to the bathroom. Fortunately, he won. Barely. So we're probably looking at well after 4am by this point, and neither G nor I has slept since 3.

My nephew finishes up in the bathroom, and goes back to bed. 10 minutes after THAT, B comes down the hall and goes into the bathroom. I go in a few minutes later to find him praying to the porcelain gods. Shit.

Three down in the course of about an hour and a half.

G and I pretty much didn't sleep after that, between checking on kiddos and stomach intervals. Finally, I gave up and let B watch television around 6:30, while I tried to catch a few more z's. Only to awake at 7 to the sound of loud voices downstairs. Where B had suddenly gotten ill, but been unable to make it to the only close bathroom because his sister was in it. And thus redecorated the kitchen floor.

Hello mop, nice to see ya. Hello crow, sounds good for breakfast today. So much for trashing someone else's kitchen...

1 comment:

Gina and Michael said...

Oh no! Food poisoning? Bug? Too much pool water?