Sunday, August 19, 2012

Bullet-time

The last few days, in bullet format:
- Friday after work - yoga, dinner, and then took the girl on a promised errand. EAR PIERCING. The first ear went fine. The second took some discussion, but we eventually left with both ears pierced, no tears, no blood, and a very happy little girl. Holy crap, shes braver than I ever was. I was 14 before i got mine done...
- Friday night, got home from ear piercing so exhausted that the whole house was in bed and asleep before 9:30. Yeah, the grown-ups too. Which probably directly caused...
- Saturday morning, 2:15am. Wide awake. No one was on Facebook or playing wwf, I'm not in the middle of any captivating book, and tv just sounded too boring, so I started thinking about stuff that needed to happen this weekend. Which led directly to...
- Complete redecorating of the kiddos bathroom. Yes, it's needed it for awhile. The toilet paper holder is mostly broken, both towel racks have come off the wall (did someone hang off these suckers or something?), the bathtub drain was clogged, and it was generally nonfunctional. And the duck theme, while totally adorable and awesome, is a bit outdated for my grade schoolers. So I spent the time between 2:30 and 5am Saturday morning planning their bathroom.
- Saturday morning - sleep till 9, bagels, run into my mom at Wal-Mart, she takes the kiddos (the kiddos basically jumped in her cart and begged) and j and I hit Bed Bath and Beyond, Home Depot, Garden Ridge, and probably somewhere else that I'm forgetting. The credit card was screaming, but we got a new shower curtain, shower rod (the cool curved kind), floor mats, towel racks, clothes hamper, shower caddies, and towel hooks for the kiddo bathroom. It took ALL DAY.
- Saturday afternoon, I dismantled the kids' bathroom, then went to a fundraiser art thing where we drank wine and attempted to paint. The wine was yummy. We're not going to discuss my "art". Let's just say that the title of the piece we were painting, "Curious Yellow Bird" was more apt then they knew.
- Today, we did the laundry/clean house thing, and hit Lowes for some paint and a few final things for the bathroom. Yes, I can't redo a room without painting it, and this room NEEDS it. Caught up with my in laws, cooked up some dinner, and finished the weekend with a 5 mile run in this finally-finally-finally cooler weather. And now? Holy crap it's Sunday night. Hello Monday - I'm not really ready for you, but I guess that doesn't matter.

Oh, and below are some "before" type pictures. Hopefully I'll have the "after" by the end of next weekend.

No comments: