Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Mobile

My tennis team and I headed down to Mobile this past weekend for a tennis tournament. I learned a good lesson: I should consider playing more than just doubles before this tournament if I have a hope of appearing like I have any idea AT ALL how to play singles. I haven't lost a singles match that badly in years. I'm still smarting from that loss, but made up for it the next day by winning a doubles match. So it wasn't completely embarrassing...

So now that tennis is out of the way, it's back to the racing calendar. I'm trying to find a race - and a motivation to train. So far, I haven't hit on the right thing, but it will come. The cooler weather will help, and getting settled into out school routine should also help. There's a half at the end of October in Conway that just gives me time to get some good training in, and the buildup for the LR Marathon starts this week. It may be time to update my music selection and consider some new shoes...if that's what it takes to get back to the running, so be it.

No comments: