Thursday, August 9, 2012

Cooler?

It finally rained yesterday. It has probably been nearly two months - no exaggeration - since we've gotten that kind of rain. We've had a couple of showers, but otherwise we've had days of 100+ weather and no rain. The trees around here are losing their leaves and many have died. Hopefully the pattern is about to change, we really need the rain! This morning, it's actually really nice on the porch - low 70s, cool breeze - is this really Arkansas?

It IS supposed to get cooler this weekend, so I'm trying to figure out where and if I want to take the kiddos hiking. Pretty sure I want to go somewhere, just an issue of where. It's sad when low 90s for a high sounds absolute divine, but after this summer, I'd take a few weeks at that temp with no argument at all.

Maybe I'll try for a longer run this weekend too. It's time to ramp it up, and I think cooler weather will help with motivation. I've got several audiobooks that are waiting in the wings, maybe I'll get started on one of those today and give myself an extra reason to run.

No comments: