Sunday, September 19, 2010

Busy Weekend

Wow, crazy weekend.  I played a couple of mixed doubles matches this weekend (my team was in the state tournament; unfortunately, we didn't win), went to a birthday party with the kiddos, ran 6 miles today, watched the Hogs win, did a little socializing, and a few other things I'm sure I'm forgetting.  It's now 5pm on Sunday, and the things that are still left on the to-do list before the weekend is over is frightening.  Laundry, meal planning, house cleaning...sigh.

Today's run focused on getting some hills in.  I ran across the Big Dam Bridge twice, just trying to get a little hill training started.  I think instead of doing the LR Marathon, a good friend and I may do the Hogeye Marathon up in Fayetteville in the spring.  Holy cow, the hills are going to kick my ass, but I'll be in great shape for it, right?  Right?   I spent the  run listening mostly to an episode of Phedipidations (sp), a running podcast.  It was the first time I've run to something other than music, and I really enjoyed it. 

The upcoming week promises to be really busy.  Work has gotten busier in the last few days, and I'm sure there is another trip to Houston on the horizon.  Plus, in a few weeks I'll be making a trek to Fayetteville to spend some time with my three best friends from college - woo hoo!

Finally, can Arkansas please get the memo that it is now FALL, and cut the 90+ degree weather every day?  Please?  It's time for fall already. 

No comments: