Thursday, September 16, 2010

Princess of the Eggs

Last night the crew picked me up from the airport.  On the drive back to the house, the kiddos were bouncing off the walls excited, partly because I was back in town, but mostly just because they were out and about after their bedtime.  At one point, the girl started talking about how she wants to be a princess when she grows up.  I'm sure there are no other 4 year old girls with that same dream.

Anyway.  J started asking her if she wanted to be a princess so she'd get to wear the cool hats (?) and clothes.  I'm not that crazy about reinforcing the importance of clothes, so I asked her directly why she wanted to be a princess when she grows up.  I figured the answer might well be clothes, or the hair, or maybe getting to hang with other princesses - who knows.  Her answer to me?

"I want to be a princess when I grow up so that I can turn you into a chicken and eat lots of eggs!"

Split second pause.  Then the car nearly burst apart with laughter.  It was awesome. 

No comments: