Monday, November 8, 2010

Monday Again

Another Monday morning, another busy week. A trip to Houston planned for later today, and in the meantime, I need to knock out a bunch of stuff on my to-do list. I have a few ideas for posts rattling around in my head, but I'm not sure how much time I'm going to have to actually get to them. Oh well. Can't do anything about that.

The weekend included IHOP for breakfast Saturday morning with the kiddos, followed by a shopping trip to take care of the myriad little things that crop up over time (new pajamas for the kiddos, caulk to fix a shower  leak, etc.). I also needed to pick up something to wear for a fundraiser that J and I attended on Saturday night. It's been a long time since we've gone to anything quite like that, so I figured I needed something that was not a business suit and looked a little nicer than a two year old Old Navy sweater... After the shopping trip, I did a little organization around the house, then headed out to the fundraising shindig (kiddos stayed with my parents). J joined me there after his flight landed in LR, and we spent a rather surreal night seeing faces we haven't seen in 15 to 20 years. Very odd.

Yesterday we enjoyed the time change and slept in - woo hoo! Got up, picked up the kiddos, and worked on getting the house ready for the upcoming week. I'm not sure we really succeeded with that one, but I did make some declutter / organization progress. I made the mistake of letting my boy watch Twister with me as I went through one of those massive piles of paper that tends to accumulate in our house. That came back to bite me in the ass when he informed me, well past his bedtime, that he couldn't get the movie out of his head. Dumbass parenting mistake #42.

And here we are at Monday morning, once again. Time to take a deep breath and dive on in.

No comments: