Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tuesday Craziness


Another crazy Tuesday. Random stuff pinging around in my head today:
  • We're supposed to have some new furniture delivered today. 
  • I need to get in a 3 mile run at lunch.
  • Work is crazy busy.
  • I have The Drive to Houston in front of me tonight, with the prospect of looking at a solid week and a half down there (weekend work is not out of the question right now). I'm trying not to feel too guilty about it - a few days doesn't bother me too much, but when I start looking at being away from the fam over the weekend, I get a little sad.
  • I stayed up too late reading a new book last night (Joshua Ferris, The Unnamed), and I managed to pull a back muscle hauling a mattress upstairs a few days ago, so I'm a wee bit grumpy.
  • On the plus side, my morning caffeine was perfect this morning. Diet Coke is my morning "coffee", and this morning it seems to have sat in the freezer for just long enough, 'cause it had that nice frozen slushy stuff on top. 
  • Even better, I have some new music to listen to on the way to Houston tonight. I had a friend recently recommend Leonard Cohen's music, and after seeing several references this week to his music, I decided the universe is trying to send me a message. I can't believe that I am completely unfamiliar with his work, but I only vaguely recognized one song when I was perusing his albums. So I downloaded a Live in London album and plan on enjoying that on the drive.
  • It's going to be a good day.

No comments: