Monday, June 13, 2011

Running Nonsense

Managed to get a 3 miler run in late this afternoon. We had a cool (well, sorta cool) front come through this afternoon, so by the time I ran, it was about 85 degrees, but still 100% humidity. Welcome to Arkansas in the summer. At least it wasn't 97 with 100% humidity, right?

It was actually a terrific run. It will likely be the last run until after our Vegas trip later this week/weekend, so I'm glad it was a good one. I'll pick back up next week, most likely sticking with the 3-4 mile distances for another week or so.

Stats for the run:  3.1 miles, 9:30 pace, and a lower than expected heart rate. There wasn't anything all that exciting or interesting about the run - just a quick jaunt around Lake Willastein in Maumelle. But it's a nice reminder that my baseline is pretty strong right now. Any day I can break a 10 minute per mile average over any distance is a good day in my book, especially if I'm really not trying. And a day where I feel good, strong, and uninjured? Icing on the cake, baby.

No comments: