Saturday, June 11, 2011

Saturday Morning Ramblings

Sheesh. It's not even noon, and I'm already tired. In all fairness, I got a lot done this morning. 
  • Chocolate chip pancakes? Check.
  • 4.5 mile run in the heat / humidity? Check.
  • Lawn mowed? Check.
  • Sprinkler started? Check.
  • Two gallons of sweat? Check.
  • Blissfully cold shower? Check.
This afternoon just continues the craziness.
  • Girl's last t-ball game at 1.
  • Pool party celebrating end of t-ball to immediately follow game.
  • Backyard splashy birthday party this evening for the boy for a classmate of his (cute little blond girl he loves to hang out with).
On the plus side, I'm fairly certain tomorrow's calendar is clear, with the exception of a possible tennis match.

And on another plus side, the sore hip from last week seems to have resolved - woo hoo!  I've been running a little here and there, but have been pretty light on the workouts for the last week, trying to make sure the hip doesn't end up being more complicated than it needs to be. After today's run, though, I feel pretty confident that all is well. Thank goodness. I don't think my mental state could handle a lengthy injury. For that matter, I don't think J could handle me if I had a(nother) lengthy injury...So it's a good thing.

This morning's run was actually very nice; I wish I could have finished out another half mile to get to 5, but it was not to be. Too much heat, humidity, and sweat. My average pace was around a 10:00 mile, although taken individually, each mile was progressively faster than the previous. That's a good sign.

I figure I'll hold at small to medium distances over the summer, maybe work my way up to 10 mile long runs by the end of the summer, but no real expectations. If I can hold a decent baseline through the summer, training for any fall races I decide to do will be so much easier. And less likely to cause injury. Which we all know is a very good thing.  

No comments: