Sunday, June 12, 2011

Ugh.

I remembered today why I detest shopping so much. Because I suck at it.

It sounds fairly simple. I need sandals. This should be easy, right? Except I haven't bought sandals in about 5 years. I had a stress fracture in my left foot in 2005, and have worn orthotics since then. If I go too long without the orthotics, my foot gives me trouble, and most sandals are not orthotic friendly. 

But to be honest, I've never been a sandals person. My taste in sandals is pretty much all function, no form, and 100% comfort. So my sandals predictably look like I belong on a hiking trip. Normally, this is not a big deal.

But these are sandals to wear in Las Vegas later this week. Maybe out to a show and a nice dinner.

I hit my go-to shoe store right off the bat, knowing that I nearly always find something  there, even though it won't be cheap. I even took the girl with me, hoping she could help. Alas, the ones she liked were a little too "colorful" for me, and the ones I liked, she thought were boring. Of course - she was right. Shit. After about 20 minutes, I gave up and walked out empty handed.

Sometimes I think I should've been born male. It'd make this whole shoe/shopping thing a lot easier I think.

No comments: