Sunday, October 10, 2010

Uphill Running


I went running this morning.  It was supposed to be a longer run (hah, that's only 5 miles or so these day).  Our house sits up on a hill, so generally the only way to run if I start from here is down.  That means that the end of the run, right when you are most tired, is uphill.  Not fun. 

There is another option.  There is a subdivision across the street that is up on a higher hill than we are.  I've never run up there, because honestly the hills just looked a little too steep (read: holy hell I'm not running up that).  Today, I felt like challenging myself, so I went uphill to start the run.  I was so glad I did.  Below was my reward:


I hope I never again live somewhere without these types of views; I need this type of reminder and perspective in my life.




I had a lot of things on my mind this morning, lots of things I'm thinking on, and this just helped to clear the cobwebs and attain a little focus.  I only lasted a little over 4 miles, but it was so worth the pain I'm going to feel tomorrow.  I'm hoping to put some of this stuff into words later this week, but weekends around here stay busy and I have to pack for yet another trip.

See you on the flip side.

No comments: