Monday, December 5, 2011

12 Miler

I didn't quite manage 14 miles on Saturday - I started the run too late, so I had to cut it short at 12, but it was an excellent 12 miles. At one point, I was deep in the doldrums of some depressing line of thought, and as I ran past another runner, he sent a smile my way. It was amazing how much that helped lift my spirits and put a spring back in my step. It reminded me to keep smiling at folks that I passed - some of them might need one a lot more than I did.

I managed 6 miles on the NLR side of the Big Dam Bridge, then crossed over to the LR side and met up with a friend to run the rest. We're both doing the Fayetteville Half this weekend - I'm a little concerned about the hills, but the weather is at least looking good. Cold, but not ass-freezing cold (yes, there IS a difference), and no rain/sleet/snow in the forecast right now.

There are 5 of us running the race on Sunday morning, and I expect that 4 of the 5 will probably be pretty close to each other in terms of finish time. J will probably blow us all out of the water - that's what long legs will get you, I suppose. Guess that's something I'll never know!

No comments: