Thursday, December 15, 2011

Early Riser?

I don't know what the magic age is when kids start sleeping in, but I do know that we haven't hit it yet. Benjamin is close enough to it, though, that he remarked the other day, "Mom, why is it so easy to get up on the stay home days, but I just want to sleep on school mornings?" I told him he had discovered one of the universal truths in life. I'm kinda sad for him that he's already figuring it out. Poor guy, that's a lot of disappointing mornings.

This morning, though, he came downstairs looking a bit miffed. He walked up to my bed (please note: I'm taking advantage of the whole 'slacker' situation for a bit longer and staying in bed as long as humanly possible in the morning) and said that he was upset. He didn't wake up until 6:47.

Me:  Ummmm...isn't that what time your alarm goes off?

Him: Yes, I wanted to get up earlier than that.

Me: *blink*

Me: Why, exactly, do you want to get up earlier than your alarm?

Him:  So I beat Alyssa to the bathroom!

Ahhhh, the beginning of the bathroom wars. I'm thinking Irish coffee may be the morning drink of choice when they hit the teenage years. Can you hear me rolling my eyes?

No comments: