Thursday, December 1, 2011

Professional

 Ya know, it is so much better to interview when you have nearly 10 years of experience under your belt in your chosen profession. Nerves weren't even a factor yesterday - so much so that I was damn near late to the thing. Oops. And I have to say, it was extremely nice to be in a professional setting again. Over time I've gotten pretty used to an office setting, and it felt a bit like home to be wandering around corridors and offices yesterday - not to mention hanging out in conference rooms.

So the interview went very well, I think. I was up front about what I want (flexible schedule, non partnership track, etc.), and they seemed very receptive to it. In fact, I think they expected it. The partners I interviewed with were easy to talk to, and I don't think I committed too many gaffes. Not that I could tell, anyway. The main partner I talked with walked me around after the interview to meet various folks at the firm, and I can't help but think that that is a good sign.

There is one more person they want me to speak with, the partner with whom I'd probably be working the closest. Once that is done, assuming she likes me, maybe we'll talk specifics. Who knows, I might find myself working again come the new year. Ahhh, to bid adieu to the world of a slacker...it's probably for the best. I haven't eaten a single bon bon or watched a single second of daytime television - I don't even have pink fuzzy bunny slippers or curlers in my hair. I'm probably not a very good slacker.

No comments: