Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Suit? Seriously?

OK, yes. I'm wearing a suit today. It's been nearly a year since I've put any of my suits on, and when I tried them on yesterday, they were all loose. Guess I should thank the running for that one.

Reason for a suit? I have an interview later today with a law firm in town. I have no idea if they have a need for my skill set, or if it will be a good fit, but it's worth a shot.

When I went into law school, I swore I wasn't going to do litigation. When I graduated law school, I swore I would never do litigation. When I started my first job - not in litigation - I swore I didn't have the personality for litigation and didn't know how the litigators did it.

Fast forward 10 years, 8 years of which I practiced litigation, and I've pretty much learned to never say never. The interview today is with the head of litigation. It's a good firm, good people, and they appear to do interesting work. There are far worse things in life than that. Send good vibes.

No comments: