Sunday, November 27, 2011

Ahhhhh.

What a great couple of days. There was (of course) lots of food and lots of connecting with friends and family. The kiddos played with their cousins for two or three straight days, and I'm pretty sure I had too much fun for it to be legal. Ah well. What's a holiday for, after all.

Saturday, I made a last minute decision to run my12 miler that morning instead of waiting until Sunday afternoon. I hit the river trail about 10:15am, and the rain started around 11:30. Unfortunately, I was still two miles from my car when it starting coming down in earnest. Fortunately, we all know I'm not made of sugar, so I managed to finish the run without melting. It was actually kind of peaceful - a slow, gentle rain in 60 degree weather. I got 7 miles in before I called it quits. Hm. 7 miles does not equal the 12 I was supposed to do.

So Sunday afternoon, I finished the 5 miles that the rain aborted. When I reviewed my running log, I discovered that, barring injury or sickness in the next few days, I will have more than 60 miles for this month. I've not logged that many monthly miles since January of 2010, and that makes me a little paranoid - that was the month I managed to screw up my knee. That was the wonderful injury that derailed serious exercise in general for about 6 months; not a fun time.

The Fayetteville half marathon is in just under two weeks. At this point, I'm not 100% ready, but I'm pretty sure I can knock out that run without killing myself. And as a bonus, there are lots of friends running that one with me, so it's going to be a blast, sore quads and all.

No comments: