Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Wow.

It has been a LONG time since I've been this sore. More specifically, since my legs have been this sore. My quads are killing me tonight. My regular doubles game tonight was an exercise in how to move as little as possible and still lose a match.

I guess I ran a lot harder than I thought on Monday, I just didn't realize it. I've been running without my heart rate strap lately, which is usually a pretty good gauge of how much effort I'm putting into a run. I thought I didn't really 'need' a heart rate monitor to tell me how much effort I was putting into a run, but now I'm thinking I might be wrong. Well, my legs are telling me I'm wrong anyway.

So next long run, I guess I'll go back to the heart rate strap and try to keep my heart rate down while I run. Dammit. Maybe by the time I do my next long run, it won't be 80 friggin' degrees.  Grrrr.

No comments: