Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Peace

Some of my posts a while back touched on finding peace and happiness in life - you know, those intangibles that I suppose we all search for, one way or another. It was a bit startling for me to realize, several years ago, that happiness isn't really a 'linear' type thing (A+B does not necessarily = C), nor is it a predetermined goal that someone else can set for you. In fact, the happiness and peace that is spoken of by one person often means not a damn thing to anyone else - each person has to decide for him or herself what creates those elements in his or her life. Yes, this seems like common sense, and maybe it is to some people. But I tend to be slow on the uptake of some things, and this one took me a while to internalize. 

I've had several discussions with friends lately about how to get there, how to find these things in life. About how to figure out what makes you feel fulfilled, what makes your life satisfactory to you. Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks of this stuff - that's good to know. Hehe.

But it has been a very interesting, intense several weeks. After a lot of deep conversations and thoughts, I'm finding a sense of peace about my life and where I am. There are some things that need some tackling, and that will happen. But overall...I have nothing to complain about. I'm feeling more comfortable in my skin than I have in years, and it's a good feeling. And even better, more comfortable about my path forward. And really, if I have that - I have not a damn thing to complain about.

But I'm sure I still will.  ;-)

1 comment:

Laura said...

Profound. ;-)