Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Morning Running

There's a reason I don't like running in the morning. I suck at it. I went for a 3 mile run after dropping off the kiddos this morning, and it pretty much sucked the entire way. I listened to my favorite running podcast (heavy on the philosophy and dualism and Des Cartes today), which should have made it fly by. Instead, my legs complained, my breathing was not easy, and it just felt like a harder run than it should have.

Could be due to the cold I have right now, which seems to now include a cough - BONUS! Or it could be the 10 miler that included the hellacious hill this weekend. Or, the most likely reason - I'm just not a morning runner. I'm thinking too many years of tennis practice at 4pm conditioned my body to be active in the afternoon. That morning stuff is for the birds. 

On the plus side, it was beautiful today. The leaves are either at peak or just beyond, and the colors were amazing. We should see a pretty good storm front come through this afternoon, so we'll probably lose a lot of the color, but it was beautiful this morning. Another reminder of why I enjoy being back in Arkansas so much. Fall colors rock.

No comments: