Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Ahem. Hello? Anyone Still Here?

I've said before that when I have certain kinds of things going on in my life, it makes it hard to write. Let's just say I've had a LOT of stuff going on. I think I can safely say that October 2011 was one of the most interesting months of my life. Not bad, not good, just interesting. And I can take that. That's a hell of a lot better than "bad," right?

I've got some good friends going through some really difficult times right now. I can identify with them, and some of it reminds me of the rough time I had several years ago. It was a time I would never wish on anyone else, yet left me with so much gained that I'd never wish it hadn't occurred. Yeah, that made no sense. But anyway. I don't envy what they are going through. At. All.

It's also had me thinking a lot about my life, too. I have some rather unconventional beliefs about a lot of things in life, and I've seen some of those played out recently. For the most part, it has reconfirmed that the road less traveled works well for me in a lot of areas. But the problem with the road less traveled is that none of the road maps are very good. CW has lots to say about what is conventional - what you do in normal situations. But get off the normal path, and, well, you're really on your own.

So yeah. Lots of thinking and talking going on here. J has called me a "text therapist" more than once lately, and I'm feeling a bit like that. The problem is that it's difficult to step back from the drama sometimes, even if it's not really my drama. But all good. Let's see if I can't jumpstart the writing and get back to it this week. Fingers crossed.

No comments: