Thursday, December 8, 2011

Bulletin'

Whew, it's about to get crazy(er) around here. The next few days, somewhat randomly:
  • Run like mad to get the house in order and errands taken care of today.
  • Tennis and 3 miles also on the agenda.
  • J is out of town, so I'm flying solo. I don't really mind this, but it does mean I have to think things through a  little more than normal. See: dinner plans, reading before bed, etc. 
  • Get guest room ready - I have a good friend who will be staying with us Sunday night. I pick her up at the airport tomorrow morning and we go straight to Fayetteville, where we'll run the half marathon up there this weekend. So I won't have a chance to get anything else around the house done once I drop the kiddos off at school tomorrow.
  • It's supposed to be in the low 20s when we start the run on Sunday morning. HOLY CRAP THAT'S COLD. I revise my former statement from saying that it's going to be just cold to saying that it's going to be ass-freezing cold. BRRRRR.
  • Race goals - I don't really have one. I'll be running with other folks most likely, and I imagine we'll run a 10:30 or so pace. I need to look at the course elevation to figure out how hellish it's gonna be. Last time I remember looking at it, it seemed like there were 3 miles of uphills to 1 mile of downhill. That ought to be fun...

No comments: