Friday, April 8, 2011

Ahhhh...Friday.

So, it's Friday once again, with its promise of another busy weekend.  Tonight, we've got dinner plans with some relatively new friends - hopefully our hooligans won't scare them too badly. 

Tomorrow holds the two first tball / machine pitch games of the season.  I can't wait to see how the A does in her first game, as well as B going up against the machine.  I'm sure there will be some good laughs... 

Sunday, I think I'm going to attempt running the half marathon in Fayetteville.  I want to get in one more run before the season shuts down.  I never realized there was a "season" to running, but apparently running a half marathon or a full marathon in 90 degree heat is discouraged.  Who knew?  No one told that to the tennis tournaments they schedule in late July.  Those are painful.

At any rate, though, I want to get one more half in before the races end for the spring.  I feel like I'm going into this summer in better shape than I've been in a very long time, and I want to keep that up.  I still have my eye on a marathon, and maybe this fall the stars will align and I can knock it out...guess we'll see.

Anyway, that's the down and dirty for today.  Depending on how the weekend goes, I may not post again until Monday.  Hopefully I'll be able to walk...

No comments: