Sunday, April 17, 2011

Saturday Silliness

As usual, another crazy weekend. 

I think Saturday is summed up kind of nicely in an exchange I had with Alyssa early Saturday afternoon. 

After 1 tennis practice (mine), 2 baseball games (kiddos), 1 tennis lesson (J's), 1 lunch fixed for the kiddos and I, and umpteen loads of laundry, I was in the kitchen, cleaning up the remains of the week.

My back was turned to the doorway, and around me were the shrieks of an ongoing nerf gun battle. The girl "sneaked" into the kitchen, trying desperately not to laugh and failing miserably. 

Without turning my head, I asked her to please not shoot me, because I didn't really want to be shot at right now.

More muffled giggling.

I tried again.

"Please don't shoot me right now, I'm cleaning up your lunch dishes and trying to get things done so you--"

Bang!

She shot me. 

Guilt does not work with my kiddos...this is not good.

No comments: