Saturday, April 2, 2011

Saturday Scrambling

Good lord today has been busy.

J has a tennis tournament this weekend, kicking off with an 8:30 match this morning.  So he dragged my ass out of bed around 7:00 this morning, and by 7:20, we were all down at the tennis courts warming him up for his early match.  I don't know about you, but my body isn't terribly cooperative before 9am.  It did a lot of bitching and moaning during that warm up.

After that, the kiddos and I hit the bagel shop for breakfast, with a rousing game of Go Fish topping off the meal.

I then tackled a drain in our driveway that has been sluggish for months.  As in, barely drains and causes our garage to flood regularly.  Not cool.  I learned that snaking a drain is a pain in the ass.  And that our drain makes a 90 degree turn about 3 feet in, making any further snaking impossible.  Crap.  No easy fix there.

After cussing at the drain for about 45 minutes and doing a little other outdoor housekeeping that was vitally necessary, I got my muddy self cleaned up and we headed out for tball practice.  Or whatever the season is called where they combine machine pitch and hitting off the tee.  Transition, maybe?

The practice, which was for 6 and 7 year olds, lasted TWO HOURS.  Holy hell.  B did fantabulous, we were really proud of how well he held up.  He also managed to hit a few machine pitched balls the first time out, so it bodes well.  But two hours???  I guess it starts getting serious now...

After that?  We hit Sonic for some ice cream, took B over to some friends' to play on their pitching machine for a while, and hauled ass out to A's tee ball practice.  This one, fortunately, only lasted an hour.  It's an all girls' team.  In a co-ed tball league.  And boy do I have a post for that one at another time.  Suffice it to say that in the first team e-mail, I lost count of how many times the word "pink" was used.  *Shudder*

And now?  The kids have been bathed and dropped off at my mom's for the evening.  I'm waiting on J to get home from his second tennis match of the day, and trying to figure out where I want to go for dinner.  Because there had better be a good glass of wine wherever we go.  But not too good - I have an 8:30 tennis match. 

And it starts all over again - I really need Monday to come so I get a break.   

1 comment:

Gina and Michael said...

So looking fwd to the pink ladies tball post!!! ;-)