Sunday, April 24, 2011

Wow.

OK, that was a bit more of a break than I anticipated. Apparently being sans laptop doesn't do good things for my blog posts. Who knew? Let's not let that happen again, 'k?

So. Let's see. I spent the weekend at the lake with my parents, kiddos, and J in a 900 square foot condo. That might be a little too much family closeness for my taste, but hey. The Easter bunny came, the kiddos got to do a couple of different egg hunts, and I worked on my Words With Friends skillz.  Not too shabby, right?

So the highlights of the last few days?  Let's see...

I introduced my kiddos to Jerry Jeff Walker on the drive over to the lake Friday afternoon.  They were a bit unimpressed. I was really hoping they might like Mr. Bojangles, the song that my brother and I adored when we were young, but it hasn't happened yet. All is not lost, however. Benjamin repeatedly asked for "Ring of Fire."  That's a good sign.

I ate wayyy more than necessary. Funny how some places just bring out certain impulses, right? When I was growing up, we always snacked at the lake much more than at home - Cheetos, popcorn, chocolate, incredible dinners, big breakfasts, you name it. I can't walk through the front door in that place without feeling the need to pound junk food and sodas. Awesome for a lazy weekend. Not so awesome for the whole "jeans fitting" thing. But really? There is some perfection you just don't mess with, and I'll be damned if I felt like rocking that boat this weekend.

Yesterday, my kiddos were up by 5:30am. I would've been more pissed if they had been sleeping in my room, I suppose. Fortunately for J and I, they wanted to sleep in my parents' room. Sorry, guys, y'all got the very short end of that stick.

Today? Well, everyone left the lake around 1:00pm. J and crew went east to Little Rock, and I went south to Houston. Perhaps the last time I'll make this drive for a while...but maybe more later this week on that.

For now? I'm gonna munch some Easter candy (chocolate, of course, thanks G!), drink M's Jack and enjoy a quiet, solitary room. Ahhhhh. Simple pleasures, right?

No comments: