Friday, April 29, 2011

Cold Froggy Kiss

This morning, the girl woke us up around 5:30 because she couldn't find Froggy (pronounced "Fwoggy"). I told her to go back up to her room, turn on her light, and look again. Five minutes later, she was back. Froggy was still MIA.

We climbed the stairs together to her room, the girl wide awake and practically bouncing up the stairs. Sheesh. It was too early for that much energy.

I put her back into bed, adjusted the covers, and searched around for Froggy for a few minutes, finally locating him between the bed frame and mattress. The girl was overjoyed to find him, and said she'd looked there but hadn't seen him. I gave her several hugs and she snuggled with me for a few minutes. Then she turned Froggy's face up to me and gave me what she called a "cold froggy kiss."

Most of the time, a cold froggy kiss doesn't sound particularly appealing. But after being gone a week and having her be so snugly and warm and happy? I'll take those anytime, thanks. I could probably start every day off with a cold froggy kiss, but could froggy please sleep in a little later than 5:30am from now on?  Thanks. 

No comments: