Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Early


Last night, I cratered around 10:30 after too many hours of yard work, grocery stores, and baseball games. At 5:30 this morning, I was wide awake. So I got up and did what always SOUNDS nice but rarely happens - made a cup of coffee, and sat on the back deck in the quiet morning before the world got up. Pandora was generous and gave me Mumford and Son's "Awake My Soul," there's an amazing breeze right now, and the stillness is restorative.

It's supposed to storm later today, J and I are going out for our anniversary dinner tonight (we hit 13 years on Monday!), B graduates from kindergarten tomorrow night, there are more tball and base ball games and a busy weekend ahead. But for a few minutes, the morning was mine.

I was right. I really SHOULD do this more often.

No comments: