Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Quiet Morning

This morning, I took my laptop and coffee and sat out on the back deck for a while. One of the main reasons we bought this house a few years ago was because of the large backyard and the back deck. Since then, we've been reminded (and re-reminded) that a large backyard means lots of yard care. Sigh. And we've not used the deck or the yard anywhere nearly as much as we had initially planned. The cat seems to like it an awful lot though...

But right now, there are all sorts of nice smelling plants in bloom, the frogs are "playing" in the pond, and everything is so lush and cool, it seemed ridiculous to stay inside. I think this might be part of my routine until it gets too hot, settling into the day and making my to do list for the day. Of course, settling into the day before the kids are home and after the kids are home for the summer will be two separate things...I'm gonna bet that my quiet mornings will be a thing of the past once June rolls around. Oh well - it's gonna be an awesome summer. 

No comments: