Friday, May 27, 2011

Routine? What Routine?

It's been a busy week. Wait, back up. Can I really say that with a straight face? I mean, I haven't had work deadlines, I haven't been chained to the computer, I haven't billed any hours, I haven't produced any work product. At. All.

But what I have done? Is many hours of yard work. And many loads of laundry. And baked a couple (multiple!) batches of cookies, with another new recipe in the near future. I've played tennis while the sun was up, I've played Words with Friends at strange times during the day. I've got a huge load of stuff to take to Goodwill, and the house isn't too far from being ready for folks to come over. In fact, we had some friends stop by last night, and I was able to bring them into the kitchen/den without batting an eye. Progress, baby.

I've picked the kids up early from school, and I haven't felt quite as scattered as I have in the past. I won't say I'm approaching the "O" word quite yet (that's organized for those of you with your minds in the gutter), but there's a bit of hope there.

So yeah. It's been a really busy week. And just like a normal workweek, it's 4:30 on Friday and I love the feeling of the week winding to a close. There's a ton of fun stuff to look forward to this weekend, and while I'd love to be sipping a glass of wine right now, J and I have a mixed doubles match later tonight (we're playing a tournament together - hopefully we won't kill each other). I'm gonna guess he wouldn't be too happy with a partner that showed up sloshed, although there ARE some folks out there who play better with a beer or two.  But I digress.

Mixed doubles tournament, baseball/tball, annual Memorial day BBQ at J's house on Sunday, relatives and friends in town, Riverfest and fireworks, homemade pizza with friends on Monday - yup. It's gonna be a great weekend. See you on the flip side, if not before.

No comments: