Thursday, May 12, 2011

Vampire Teeth

Last night, B was munching on a slice of pizza (his "snack" before bed) at the kitchen table.  He suddenly looked up, gave me a funny look, and asked if I could sharpen his teeth before bed.

HUH???  What the hell?  Sharpen his TEETH?

Before I can say anything, I notice J behind him struggling not to crack up. Ahhh, something's going on here that I don't know about. 

So I told B that no, we don't sharpen teeth. There's no reason to do that, our teeth are sharp enough.

"Well, daddy told me when I was trying to eat my pizza earlier and couldn't bite through the cheese that we needed to sharpen my teeth!"

I looked at Benjamin for a second, and then looked back J, who was grinning like a fool.

Benjamin caught my look at J, saw his big grin, then said, "Daddy!!!  You were teasing me!" He figured out he'd been had.

But the best part was what B did next:  Got out of his chair, walked over to J with his hand in the air like he was about to punch him, opened his hand and said "High Five!" He'd been had, but he laughed at it along with the rest of us. Let's just hope he holds on to that sense of humor. You can't live in this house without expecting some teasing along the way...

No comments: