Monday, May 9, 2011

Useless Trivia and Fights with Jack

WOW. That was a crazy weekend. Made more crazy due to an argument I had with Mr. Jack on Friday night.  Well, I guess technically the argument happened on Saturday. He thought I indulged a little too much, I disagreed, but in the end - he won. So Saturday was an unexpected bust in general. Still managed two t-ball games and probably 3 hours worth of nappage, but it was a rough day. 

Speaking of Jack, I managed to rally a little Saturday night, and we played a sort-of-new trivia game at some friends' house called "You Don't Know Jack." It's only sort of new because it's a game J and I played on the computer right after we got married. I'm not sure how we stumbled on the game, but we spent numerous nights hunched over a keyboard in our first apartment, trying to outdo each other with useless trivia knowledge. I don't remember getting my ass kicked too badly, although I'm pretty sure I usually lost. Oh well, Lord knows I'm not the world's best at useless trivia knowledge (although I know some folks who are pretty damn good).

Saturday night, we played the Xbox version with some good friends, and much hilarity ensued. Especially when J twisted the rules to make it a drinking trivia game. Go figure. I managed to straddle the line between winning and losing each game, so I wasn't required to partake. Hell, even if I was supposed to drink, I don't think I could have. Damned Jack.

Sunday I got to sleep in a little, play some tennis, go to lunch with some friends, and get some stuff done around the house. I also got to try out a new yummy recipe that involved lots of mushrooms and balsamic vinegar and cream...it was stellar. Of course, I made the kiddos try the sauce but not the mushrooms. No need for regurgitation at the dinner table on Mother's Day. 

Last night, B got the idea to go out and get me something for Mother's Day. If you know me, you know I'm not big on holidays and gift giving - as far as I was concerned, I'd had a pretty damn good day already. Lots of time with the fam, got to sleep in (which would later haunt me), got some things done, got to exercise - what else can you ask for, really? But he asked J to take him out, and they came back an hour or so later with some beautiful blue orchids, a card, and some dark chocolates - yumminess!

Of course, B's first thought after his surprise was that he should get a piece of chocolate, since it was Mother's Day and all. He just looked confused when J pointed out that it was Mother's day, not Kiddos' day, as he reached for the scissors to open the chocolates. It's the thought that counts, right?  Heh heh.

No comments: