Friday, September 2, 2011

A Day Off

Ahhhh. I took today off. It was nice and relaxing. I hit the River Trail for a while, read a good book, and was pretty much completely and utterly nonproductive. Despite my griping about not getting enough done on a regular basis, these are pretty rare days for me. Today was thoroughly enjoyed.

On a random note, I'm reading Into the Wild right now by Jon Krakauer (sp?), and it's an excellent read. I've gotten in the habit of downloading ebooks from the library here, and it's definitely helping my book habit - and my nearly-overflowing book shelves. I've got a couple of other books waiting in the wings...I've been missing my reading habit, it's time to get back into it.

We have a fun weekend in front of us that includes family, friends, and lots of good food. I think sushi making is on the agenda, as well as chicken fried steak and some other yumminess. And maybe some whiskey. Well, really? Almost definitely some whiskey. Whiskey makes the world go round, right? Or maybe I have that wrong, I can't really remember. It's Friday. Cut me some slack.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whiskey doesn't make the world go 'round. But it does definitely help with the lubrication.

-David