Thursday, September 15, 2011

Maintaining

I don't know how many folks have asked me this week whether I'm looking for a job yet. It's not annoying, just - strange. I haven't started looking yet, in part because I feel like there is still a lot at home I want to get done. And yet, at the end of the day, I haven't gotten anywhere nearly as much done as I'd hoped, and I'm still pretty tired most days. I just can't figure out what's going on.

I'm pretty sure it's not the fact that I've played tennis three times this week. That definitely has nothing to do with it.

Or the fact that both kiddos have homework at night now, which pretty much means that from the time they hit the door after school until they are in bed, I need to be somewhat engaged (snack, more snack, dinner, homework, homework, showers, teeth, bed).

Or the fact that I seem incapable of getting anything done before 10am, besides sitting on my ass in front of the computer, drinking coffee and figuring out all my ambitious plans for the day.

I'm sure there's a reason for my not getting stuff done...I probably just need to think harder about it. Maybe I should sit at the computer until 10:30 every morning, thinking harder. That might help.

No comments: