Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Holy Snackage, Batman!

A few days ago, Benjamin and Alyssa were sitting in the kitchen, eating a snack. Sometimes I wonder if they are ever anywhere else in the house - I swear they eat all. the. time.

Anyway.

I'm puttering around in the kitchen, starting dinner, and all of a sudden Benjamin exclaims "Jesus!"

Huh.

Not something we typically say use around here as an exclamation. So I looked up, and told him that he shouldn't say that, that some people would get offended if he used that word in that matter.

And he asked, "really? Jesus?"

And I said, "yes, really."

He asked me why he shouldn't say that, and I started to go into an explanation. And he stopped me. And said, quite clearly this time, "really, mom? CHEESE-ITS?"

Oh. Heh. No wonder he looked bewildered when I told him that he couldn't say Cheese-its.