Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Recap

Only one way to sum up this weekend: food. And more food. 

We ate really well this weekend. And hung out with friends and family. And enjoyed the first cold front that came through, finally giving the A/C a break. I made my first batch of homemade cinnamon rolls, which turned out very yummy. Not to mention sweet enough to send you into insulin shock.

Then came the rest of the weekend: chicken fried steak with gravy and mashed taters, grilled chicken with several yummy sides and homemade ice cream, breakfast parfait, and a semi-sushi lunch (rice bowls with sushi toppings, rather than rolls or nigiri; lazy (wo)man's sushi). This is what our weekend was made of.

Therefore...on Saturday afternoon, I churned through a 7 mile run. The temperature was in the low 80s, which felt amazingly nice after months of 90-100 degree temps. I held about a 10:20 per mile pace, which made me very happy.

And on Monday, a group of us walked the river trail and hiked up the woods trail to Emerald Park. Despite growing up here, I'd never been to Emerald Park, what a beautiful view. The air was incredibly clear, and the river was gorgeous. It was a great Monday afternoon, and I think we sufficiently wore the kiddos out with our hilly 3 mile jaunt.

And here we are at Tuesday, a short week, and a long list of things to do. Now I just need to get organized. Quit laughing, it's theoretically possible...  Theoretically.

No comments: